| Support Solution
For 30 years I have been helping organisations and individuals with their Barcode
and Auto ID issues but now I have decided it is time to move on and retire
from being the Barcode Man.
I will continue to respond to emails from existing customers about their earlier
purchases, their special programming configurations and warranty issues but I regret
I cannot help with new purchases or issues nor recommend alternative products or sources.
Lee Allen, The Barcode Man. February 2010
WARNING: This pages contain material which can change the configuration of your scanner
or other equipment. You should not scan any barcode or follow any procedure unless you
understand the issues or have been advised by our support engineer.
How to get help
- Before starting read through the whole procedure. The instructions are contained in the
section below. Each step is numbered. Start at the beginning and work methodically and logically
to the end.
- You will need to print out the page in order to scan the barcodes.
- To avoid accidentally scanning the wrong barcode it is helpful to use
blank paper as a mask and approach the target barcode with a sideways motion.
- If you are unclear about exactly what you have to do then contact our support engineer.
We are always glad to explain and help.
Replace the cable. Connect the scanner to your terminal device and scan the 2 barcodes
on this page. The scanner has now been reconfigured and is ready for use.
Cable replacement: Preliminary
Inspect the new cable. On the square end you will see a small transparent plastic
catch. This is the catch you will be depressing to release the old cable. Locate the
small hole in the scanner handle close to where the cable is attached.
You will need a probe tool to push into this hole. A straightened paper clip is ideal.
Cable replacement: Method
- Holding the cable strain relief push the cable in towards the body of the scanner. This is to
remove any tension from the retaining catch.
- Push the probe tool into the hole to depress the plastic spring catch. Withdraw the cable.
- To fit the new cable just push it in position until you hear the faint click from
the plastic catch.
| ||1: Scan this barcode first|
| ||2: Scan this barcode second|
All material copyright www.barcodeman.com including barcode images which are tagged and watermarked